Each of us enjoy the game for an unending list of reasons; here are my top ten reasons for playing. I am sure you can add a few more of your own so please let me know why you play.
- Enjoying the beauty of each golf course and each hole.
- Spending quality time with my friends and family.
- Enjoying the fresh air and the peace and tranquility I find on the course.
- The competition with myself, the course and other players. Yes, I still have that old competitive instinct after 40 years of playing.
- The challenge to learn more and to improve.
- The exercise I get from playing. Golf is NOT a good walk spoiled in my book.
- Meeting and making new friends at the course.
- The feeling of that perfectly hit shot. Even if it is a rare event.
- Holing that seemingly impossible putt or holing a shot from off the green!
- Enjoying with wildlife on the course....here are a few of the animals I have spotted while playing golf, white tailed deer, red fox, rabbits, raccoon, hawks, bald eagle, bob cats, geese, pheasants, turkeys, alligators, armadillo, road runner, rattle snakes, owls and more.
Please let me know what you're thankful for this year and why you play golf. Or don't play golf.